Acid Test: the global challenge of ocean acidification. Natural Resources Defense Council. Narrated by Sigourney Weaver. Can be viewed online and ordered free as a DVD (21 minutes)
A Sea Change - Imagine a World without Fish. Trailer, information about screenings, and DVD orders.
A Sea Change
Videos, Podcasts, and PowerPoint Presentations
Alaska Center for Climate Assessment and Policy.
- Ocean Acidification Four-minute video with Jeremy Mathis that explains what ocean acidification is and how it might impact Alaska. YouTube Link OR Download
View the Video
- Ocean acidification: what it means to Alaska. Jeremy Mathis, Professor, School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences, University of Alaska, Fairbanks. Webinar. March 23, 2010.
Listen to the Podcast
Read the Alaska Journal of Commerce story:
Research expands to "sister" issue of global warming
View the Presentation/slides
- Climate Change in the Ocean: acidification by atmospheric carbon dioxide. Jeff Short, Auke Bay Laboratory, National Marine Fisheries Service, Juneau. Webinar. September 23, 2008.
Listen to the Podcast
Listen to radio coverage Ocean acidity threatens Alaskan waters Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock. KCAW Raven Radio, aired Sept 23, 2008.
- What is Ocean Acidification? PowerPoint slides by Jeremy Mathis for presentation to the United Fishermen of Alaska, February, 2010. Mathis PowerPoint Slides (PPTX, 3.05 MB)
Oregon State University. Video series with Richard Feeley, NOAA Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory:
- What is ocean acidification?
- How are ocean animals affected?
- How will ocean ecosystems be affected?
National Science Foundation. To What Degree? Series on climate change science
- What will Increased Carbon Do to Life the Ocean? Scott Doney, Martin Kennedy, Christopher Sabine.
- How Does Carbon Get into the Oceans, and How Much is There? Scott Doney, Margaret Mulholland, and Jackie Grebmeier.
- Is the Oceans’ Ability to Absorb Carbon Decreasing? Scott Doney and Martin Kennedy.
Demonstration of ocean acidification by Jane Lubchenco at Congressional hearing, 12/03/09. Part 1 Part 2
TV News Stories:
ABC News 11/13/08
Richard Feeley and Chris Sabine, PMEL, on ScienceCentral